Sunday, May 07, 2006

Scott's "A Tale of Two Cities" - Preface

I find that the events of history have overtaken me: having left the story of my odyssey to Washington unfinished, I find myself compelled to begin the story of my triumphant return to the Motherland (I keep getting strange looks whenever I say that, perhaps because I've never been to England before... nor am I English, strictly speaking).

At any rate, I've elected to call this story "A Tale of Two Cities" because of my (perhaps) not-so-ambitious plans to spend some time in Paris and London when my term at the castle wraps up. Also, I was having a bloody hard time coming up with a suitable pun for my title. And, finally, I've been told more than once that I belong in a Dickens novel. But I digress.

While I can't promise all the excitement of revolutionary France, I've been in the UK for less than a week and I've already encountered the things that made the first "A Tale of Two Cities" great: historical intrigue, excessive profanity, and euromullets galore.

-- SEWC

1 Comments:

Blogger Scoops said...

Glad to see you're posting comments.

And, for the record, I don't know what you're talking about... I've always had an English accent.

8:48 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home